Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The thing called cold

The weather in Delhi as unpredictable as it is and cherry on cake a person as careless as me result in the deadly combination of cold and cough.So here I am bearing fever due to most common ailment in world common cold.The cold virus was generous enough and I ended up with a very bad sore throat sounding like “Rani Mukherjee” mostly all the time and at others “Usha Utthup’.


The work on weekend aggravated the condition and I ended up coughing like those heroes about to die due to TB in the 1970’s movies.But I noticed something in this crucial and life threatening situation which brought a smile on my face.Each time I cough immediately some other person in ODC will cough(another victim of cold).It becomes a series of coughs,some other person after this and in a span of about a minute everybody silent.Till after a span of 15-20 minutes or bigger span someone breaks the silence and another series of coughing ensues.The cycle repeats each time I cough and I being the person I am couldn’t help but laugh at it.It was amusing enough to move my brain waves a bit higher and make me write this post.


There is certainly some relationship between all the coughees(as I would like to call these special victims of cold).My heart sings “Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi “.I am grateful to the inventors of Vicks(khich khich door bhagaye) who have helped in increasing the period gap between these cycles of cough sessions.And extra thankful for the various flavors they are available in.My taste buds are savoring the Asli Ginger and Menthol flavors alternately and keeping my throat alive however hoarse it may sound but its alive and croaking.Not dead!


Signing off as UAT is going on!And this small post describing my tough times or I should rather say my ramblings have amused me to an extent as such that I feel like working again! :D


O Holy spirit please bless thy throat and help it soothe….Amen!


3 comments:

A Nony Mouse said...

I used to love these small ailments when I used to be in home ... Those will be the time when everybody will be fussing over me and I get to eat Orange biscuits (which I loved) and different kinds of fruits (which I never get to eat otherwise) ... Even if I used to feel better I would feign that I am feeling all giddy and shivery ... Only my elder sister used to see through this ruse and I have to grudgingly share biscuits with her ... The only disease I hated from the bottom of my heart is Chicken Pox ... When I and my cousin contracted CP , we broke into a little jig imagining all the care and attention showered upon us ...Imagining all those free days when we do not have to go to school and we can watch TV days together ... But what followed an agonizing month where I was introduced to neem baths , quarantined from the family (lest they contract CP) , sleeping on a bed of neem leaves , boiled tasteless veggies ... I have to miss Holi because apparently CP worsens when various colored chemicals are sprayed upon you ...I still remember all my family members playing Holi and having a sumptuous meal after that and all I could do is watch ... I am so happy that you can contract CP only once in your life ... Well me and my cousin had our revenge when the rest of the household contracted CP and we played Holi ( much to bemusement of neighbors and onlookers)

Unknown said...

i thought if someday u stop blogging on chennelW i shud follow ur blogs hr....thn i got tht u already hv so many followers...hahaha...
hope u hv gt rid of ur cough now...

Lioness said...

@Vineet she is a real charmer :P